Friday, August 21, 2009

Orlov the Bear


Orlov
Originally uploaded by aaron@digitalcole

I've been running a Rifts game with Nancy for a couple of weeks. This is Orlov the Bear and yes, he's Russian. Depending on how far we get I may post the adventure here, more as a story or synopsis then anything else.

I've had some good conversations this week about the new developments regarding VR imaging in cell phones and how it's going to change the way we view the world. We'll see a complete merging of the virtual and biologic world and it'll force us to change how we perceive life and what is real.

Thinking about how we view ourselves and each other will be the centerpiece of this new experience. Literally with the flick of a switch (or press of a button) we'll be able to not only change our own appearance but, change the appearances of everyone around us. Instant customization. Of course at this point we'll need a visor of some sort. Something that combines cell, geo-tagging, video, the web into a device that we'll use to view this new hybrid world. Predicting when this will happen can have negative ramifications but, I think four or five years before we have a visor unit is a good bet.

I've already started thinking about what I want my avatar to look like...

-adc- (digitalcole)


No comments: